Thursday, January 29, 2009

Field Trip

Look at all the cute cowboys and cowgirls
Hailey and her friend Arianna

Making a newspaper cornstalk (read later in blog)


Look how cute the piglets are. Why do they have to get so big and ugly?



Arianna, Hailey, Emily, and Phoebe




Today Hailey had her first school Field Trip. The Kindergarten class went to the Fort Worth Stock Show in downtown Fort Worth. Hailey has been so excited. She couldnt wait to get to ride the big yellow school bus, and get to "go to school" ALL day opposed to half day. :) Shane stayed home with Hannah and Hayden so that I could go with Hailey. We had a great turnout on parent volunteers. Over half the parents came. We ended up only having our own kid and one other in our individual groups. I ended up with Haileys friend Arianna. What a funny little girl. They had a blast riding the bus, and writing on the foggy window. They spotted all sorts of things as we drove by. It was interesting listening to them talk and interact in a six year old manner.
When we arrived at the Stock show, the first stop was the petting zoo. The kids enjoyed petting all the llamas, goats, pigs, rabbits, and other "crazy named" cattle. Then we headed over to see the famous Bessie and her new baby.
The kids learned how to make a newspaper cornstalk. The lady poured a cup of strawberry milk inside of it until it started dripping out. Then she took the newspaper apart and it showed no evidence of having anything on it. Crazy!!! If anyone can explain that to me, please let me know. :)
We then proceeded to another show where they learned about all different kinds of animals. Did you know that chickens with red earlobes lay brown eggs, and ones with white earlobes lay white eggs??
Then the kids went to another petting zoo, which had so many animals. Hailey liked the baby chickens and the mama pig with all her piglets.
After getting to play with all the animals it was lunch time! The kids were ready for lunch as soon as we arrived at the stock show. Once our groups were finished eating we were able to take our group anywhere we wanted and just met back at the cafeteria at 1:20. We got together with another group with two of Haileys friends and went to see all the horses. We wanted to go milk the cows, but we missed the milking session. Arianna ended up getting sick so we headed back a little early to make sure she was okay. The bus ride home was pretty crazy. I think the bus driver needed to go back to school. He kept running over all the curbs. About 5 minutes from the school, he hit a big curb and knocked two parents onto the floor and 5 or 6 kids banged their heads on the windows. (this included Arianna). I ended up having to hold her until we got to the school. (very weird by the way).
It was a really fun field trip.
Did I mention that I was sick the whole time? Yep, I was nauseous and had a terrible migraine the ENTIRE time. I tried my best to be in a happy mood. I think I pulled it off, until the bus ride home when the girls kept head butting me with their bull hats :) Even then I wasnt moody.
We got home about 3, and lets just say the NEW chaos began - THE ESTES KIDS CHAOS!!!! (haha)

No comments: