Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sleepover Time!





Raegan making a mud puddle





Hailey and Hannah both had one of their friends over for a sleepover last night. Wow, was it a wild night. Raegan and Brea both came over after school. We started off with a snack and then the kids hit the slip-n-slide and sprinkler. They spent alot of time outside playing in the backyard. Then we did some painting crafts which the girls particularly picked out for their friends. We had trinket boxes, wooden dolls, photo frames and we cant forget the tie dye shirts (in which I kinda messed up). I didn't realize how much EARLY preparation it requires. The 24 hour pre- soaking turned into 45 minutes :) We will see how long the color stays in. Oh well, it was fun. After dressing up, fixing their hair, putting on perfume and lotion and glitter, the girls headed back outside to play. We had cheese pizza and ice cream sundaes for dessert. Lets say the kids were definitely on a sugar high after dinner. The sundaes consisted of vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, cherry's, gummy bears and sprinkles. Wow! We are talking about major tummy ache :) After dinner We went out front and rode bikes and scooters. Hailey and Raegan rode the skateboards down the BIG hill, which was a lot of fun. Then we went back inside to play barbies and more backyard fun. Brea had to go home about 7:30. So, we got Hannah and Hayden bathed and ready for bed. Hailey and Raegan watched THE NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM and then we read a bedtime book (provided by Raegan) and then the big girls went to bed about 10:20. It was a fun night. Shane and I watched a movie and then tried to get some sleep. Unfortunately the neighbors were having a party and had the music up WAY to loud. After about 45 minutes of having a sick baby keep waking up, I called the cops. That is not something I have EVER done before, but I was tired and it was way too loud. I could feel the vibration in EVERY room. I am surprised all the kids didn't wake up. About 2 am the party ended thanks to the cops and I went to bed at 4:25 and got up at 6:30. :) It was not a good nights sleep. This morning Raegan and Hailey got up about 5:45 and took a bath, and got dressed. They ended up waking the rest of the crew up about 6:30 and that is when our day began. We had donuts (requested by kids) for breakfast. The kids played and watched about 25 minutes of Monsters Inc. before Raegans mom came to get her. Lets say it was another successful sleepover. :)
Shane took Hayden in to Care Now this morning to discover he has Hand Foot Mouth Disease. Ugh! He is in so much pain. It is crazy - yesterday I didnt see any bumps, today they are EVERYWHERE. Poor baby boy! All he has eaten all day is vanilla ice cream. It hurts to bad to eat or drink. I hope it doesnt last a week like the doctor said.

I am so glad it is not only the weekend, but a LONG weekend. Shane is currently doing the Skate Ministry which is awesome, but I will admit, I cant wait for him to be home. After serving of course!! ;)













No comments: