Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Save the earth....

This is what Hailey tells me this morning in the car.....

"Did you know it is bad to drive cars because the gas pollutes the earth, and if we breath it, it can make us sick. Mommy, we have to walk to school because it isn't safe to drive our car. Or we can ride our bikes because they don't require gas. "
"Can I ride my bike today?"

So, today I loaded Hannah and Hayden up in the wagon with their lunch and Hailey hopped on her bike, and we headed off to school. Let me tell you, it was not a pleasant walk. It was hot. Hayden kept standing up and laughing, and Hailey decided it was too hard to ride her bike and I ended up having to push her to school. I think it took us 10 minutes longer to get there because of all the stopping and complaining.
Sorry Earth, but we will be driving to school tomorrow. ;)

I am so glad Hailey is learning and so concerned for our home. I don't think I cared about recycling and pollution when I was 6. As a matter of fact, we still don't recycle and Hailey really gets on to us when she find something recyclable in the trash. Uh oh! I better get busy, huh?
Kids are getting smarter and smarter these days. In kindergarten hailey is already learning stuff that I probably learned in 4th grade if that. I love Keller ISD.

No comments: