Today was Haileys Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast, and it was absolutely adorable. All the kids dressed up like Native Americans. They made Indian vests and hats to wear. I got there early so that I could help some of the other moms set up. When the kids came in they all lined up around a tepee and then they sang some songs. It was really cute. Then after the performance, they had to find their chairs with their special place mats, and tortilla tepees that they made. Then the feast began. They had turkey, potatoes, fruit salad, cornbread (they made), sasatosh (not sure how to say it, but they made it), beef jerkey, pumpkin pie with cool whip, gold fish crackers, apple juice and homemade butter (they made). It was quite a feast let me tell you. I think about 2% of the food was actually eaten. Kids are picky eaters these days. I sure wanted to eat it. Hailey had a great time. It was definately priceless. I am so thankful to be able to attend all these events that our children are in.
Thank you Uncle Tim for watching the kids for me!!!!
On another note, I think Hailey is getting sick. Another one of her classmates went home early from school today with a stomache bug. She is really acting sluggish and says her tummy hurts. We will see I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment