Monday, March 30, 2009

MS Run / Walk 2009

Our Team
Crazy Girl - Abby and Reese in the back

Sweet Keri - she always puts herself available to be there for someone.


Greg Stamps



Tim Herron, Hannah, Shane and Hayden (Hannah slept most of the time. She was sooo tired and cold. She had to wake up about 6:50 and was not happy)

Saturday was the MS Run / Walk 2009. Despite the FREEZING cold weather, there was a GREAT turnout. 5000 people in DFW. We earned 1.5 million dollars for the cure. Woo Hoo!

We didn't put a lot of effort this year in trying to put together a BIG team, but we had alot of amazing friends who, despite the cold weather, came out to support us. Thank you guys! We are truly blessed to have so many special people in our lives. And thank you to those who gave donations.
Anyways, the walk was cold, but all in all pretty enjoyable. Afterward we got free Subway meals and had a picnic. They had bounce houses and face painting for the kids. I was tempted to go get a free massage, but the weather made me think twice. I was ready to get back to the warmth of our house, and take a nap before the birthday party Hailey had that afternoon.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I am so sorry we missed this. I have no idea how I missed the details.

Misty said...

Oh Cari, no big deal at all. :) Honestly, we didnt spread the word very well. Shane told a few people, but other than that, we really didnt advertise it. Next year might be a little different. Shane will also be riding in the MS 150 in May. Know anyone who likes to ride LONG distances? ;)