February 8, 2011
After a fun and exciting game of living room football, it was time to start dinner. I asked Hayden if he wanted to watch a show on Netflix while I cooked. He said, "yes" and sat down on the couch. A minute later I looked over to him to ask him what he wanted to watch, and he was wide eyed, staring blankly at me. I kept trying to talk to him and he was unresponsive. Then he started making choking noises, turned sheet white and his pupils were dilated. I picked him up and layed him on the floor - I wasn't sure what I might end up having to do. I called 911, and right when I called, he started convulsing. At that point I knew it was a seizure. After about 4 minutes, he stopped, but was just crying and was still unresponsive. Poor baby boy! The ambulance arrived, and they checked him out. I got a neighbor to watch the girls until daddy could pick them up, and Liam, Hayden and I loaded up into the ambulance and headed off to Cooks. We spent the next 6-7 hours at Cooks and then finally got to go home with follow-up testing. The last 30 minutes there, hayden had to go potty and he slid off the bed and sliced his bottom open. It was a deep cutt. Like he hadn't already gone through enough. I tried to take a picture, but it doesnt show the worst part. Oh well.
On February 14th, Hayden went back to Cooks for his EEG testing. He did awesome! I was so proud of him. Such a different experience than what we had with sweet Hannah.
UPDATE*** EEG came back normal. No epileptic activity in my sweet baby boys brain. Praise God. Hopefully we never have to experience anymore seizures with ANY of our babies. It is such a terrible thing to watch them go through.
2 comments:
Misty, I'm so glad he is okay! I think about y'all a lot, and I hope that there are no more sick kids!
Maggie - Thank you! We think about you alot as well. Shane and I have talked so many times about coming to visit you. We need to just do it. Life keeps happening though. This summer maybe. Hopee school is still going well for you.
Post a Comment