Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sleep, and Fun!

The girls are enjoying their time with Mimi, Papa and Uncle Tim. Shane and I are really enjoying our time with only ONE kid.

Uncle Tim and Mimi took the girls to Abilene Zoo and then to Mr Gatti Land for lunch. They called telling us all about all the animals they fed and all the tickets they earned. The kids get so excited about getting to pick out the junk "toys" with their tickets. Ugh! And I get to secretly start disposing of them in a month. ;)
I am glad they are having so much fun. It is great to have family. I only wish everyone had more time. The kids always look forward to getting to spend time with our family. Maybe someday everyone can slow down, and focus on the most important part of life. The kids are only little once. When they get older, they are going to turn the table on us. They will be too busy, especially if that is what we are always instilling in their minds.
I still remember all the things I did with family as a kid, and I also still remember when everyone got to busy to focus on what was right in front of them. And I now see the impact that it had on my life, and my relationships (husband, kids and my parents). I dreamed of what life would be like for my kids, and it has been so disappointing that I cant provide some of that for them. I do the best I can, but there are some things that have to come from others. I cant force people to take interest. I'm rambling now.....

Now, Shane and I really miss the kids and can't wait for them to be home tomorrow, but with that said.....
The past two mornings Hayden has let us sleep to 9:30 and 10:00. We haven't slept that late in 7 years. YES, we did go to church. We went to a church here in Keller since Haydens Sunday school class is passing a virus around. We decided to keep him out of the class for another week. Hopefully next Sunday everyone is well.

1 comment:

Cari said...

I am struggling with sending Lauren to VBS tonight, but I think that we will pray for protection from germs and go from there. I don't want her to miss out, but I also don't want my work this week keeping everything clean to be for nothing. :-)