Saturday, April 4, 2009

No more baby bed...

When I found out my cousin was expecting her first baby it was very emotional. She has been told most of her life that she couldn't have kids. So, what exciting news to hear she was pregnant. I jumped the gun a bit. I offered up Haydens nursery to her. Both of the girls were out of the crib at 19 and 22 months. So, obviously Hayden would be too. Right? At first, my cousin said she wanted to pick something new out for the baby. (Thats part of the fun) Then, 2 months ago she decided that they did want our stuff. In March they picked up the chest of drawers, changing table and book shelf. I figured we would hand over the crib closer to Hayden being two. Well, Friday we handed it over. A little earlier than I really am ready, but I want her to be able to have the room prepared before the little guys arrival. They are expecting him to come early (high risk). So, I don't want her to stress over getting a nursery prepared. It was extremely emotional. I have had that furniture for six years and now we no longer have anything BABY in our house besides a pack-n-play and stroller. What am I going to do? Shane, can we adopt some day? ;)

Hayden is now sleeping in a pack-n-play until I can get him transitioned. we are in the process of painting his big boy room. Wednesday we get his furniture. Wish us luck that he will easily transition. He is such a good sleeper and I am very nervous about messing that up. We will see. PRAY - please!!!!!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you. You can just proceed paving the way and tell me how it goes with boys. I was looking at cute big boy bedding today wondering if I should just buy it...Grant is just to naughty upstairs for me to sleep soundly. I think I would have to gate his room, oh, that won't work. He will just climb over! BOYS!