It is nearing the last day of 2nd grade for Hailey. Our kids know that we do not do the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing, but I do want to blog a memory for her.
She has a friend named Gage, and they have been in the same class the past two years and are pretty good buddies. The other day at field day his mom and I were talking and this is what she told me.
Over the past month or so Gage has been telling his parents that he really wants to tell hailey that he likes her. But, he is afraid that he will get his binder signed. Their teacher, Mrs. Portugal, said that they are not allowed to have boyfriends and girlfriends :) Gages mom explained to him that he is not asking her to be his girlfriend, he is just telling her he likes her and it is ok to like someone. They are all friends. Gage was then concerned that Hailey might go tell Mrs. Portugal. Alaina told him that she didnt think Hailey would do that. Then Gage decided he would tell her the last day of school because the binder wouldnt matter. :) Now I have to note that Gage is moving to Shreveport :( He is definitely going to be missed. We will see what gets said and the reaction hailey makes. I can see her being puzzled since the boyfriend thing is not on her mind ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment