Friday, April 23, 2010

Sea World and The Alamo

Pictures to come later.......


Debbie (Nana) and Aunt Jayla came up to visit during Spring Break. It was a bit of a surprise. I had been planning on taking the kids to San Antonio for a mini trip, so we ended up taking Nana and Jayla with us as well. The kids were super excited to have them come with us. They don't get to see them as often as they would like. We ended up staying at Shannon's house, since they were in San Angelo for a few days. They said we were welcome to stay there, and eat whatever we wanted in the house. Woo Hoo!!!! That saved 2 nights hotel. We drove in on Wednesday night, and woke up Thursday morning and headed to Sea World. I woke up with Laryngitis of course. I felt horrible. And for whatever reason, Hannah coughed all night as well. I guess the difference in allergies and stuff. I am not sure. Hailey rode the BIGGEST roller coaster at Sea World that she was able to ride. She was so proud of herself, and so was I. Hannah wanted to ride, but she wasn't quite tall enough. She would have hopped right on though. No fear. That is what I like about my kids. We are going to have so much fun as they get older at these amusement parks. We rode several more rides, and watched several shows. We did walk around for like 2 hours looking for a restaurant that had hamburgers for Jayla. That was the only negative thing. When my kids get hungry, they are hungry. We at lunch at like 2:30 or so. We ended up leaving the park about 7:30 and stopped at McDonald's on the way back to the house and grabbed some dinner. Everyone was exhausted, so we wanted to get something quick and get in bed. The next morning, we woke up and headed to the Alamo before we headed home. Hailey had been learning about the Alamo at school, so I thought she would enjoy getting to go there. She loved it, and read everything that was available. It was pretty cool. She loves Art, History, Science... all that stuff. How can she be my daughter? *haha*
After the Alamo, we walked along the River Walk for a bit, and then headed out. We stopped in at Jack in the Box for lunch since the kids were hungry. Then we headed on home. Jayla ended up getting car sick on the way home. Thank goodness it wasn't something else. It took up like 2 hours longer to get home. It was a long trip. We got back home just in time for dinner. Shane ran out to Chicken Express and grabbed some food. After dinner, the kids played and then we got everyone in bed. It was a fun mini-vacation, but very LONG!!!! The kids had a great time, and that is all that matters.

P.S Did you notice we ate Hamburgers for 4 meals in a roll? Yuck! I didn't want to see another hamburger for a month. *smile*

No comments: