*Note* Hayden is wearing a knights helmet.

On Tuesday September 1st, we took Hannah to her first Day of Preschool at Smithfield UMC - Discovery School. She was so excited and couldn't wait to use her backpack and get to pick out her outfit. That morning, she was very indecisive on what she wanted to wear. She ended up picking out her "Daddies Angel" Monkey Shirt, and white capri shorts. Shoes- oh man, she only has flip flops right now as that was all she wanted to wear this summer, and she is NOT allowed to wear them to school. We went searching for sandals with backs on them, and all we found were these multi-colored ones that do not look good with the outfits she currently has in her closet. Ugh! We will make do though.
When we got to school, Hannah walked right in and didn't have any issues at all. Now Hayden on the other hand, went crazy. He wanted to stay and play and did not want to leave his " Hannah". He was screaming, kicking and being very difficult. So, instead of getting to properly send my baby girl off to school, we had to high tail it out of the hall. I really wanted to stay and watch with the other parents, but I am just glad she did so well going in and had a good time.
She made a new "best" friend on the first day - named Lauren, who also has a brother, Grayson, in Hayden's class. She was so excited about her new friend. She loves the name Lauren.
I can't believe this is the last year of preschool for my sweet baby girl. She has grown up way to fast.
Today, Sept. 3, we had to go buy more new shoes. It turns out they have stickers on the playground and asked that all kids wear socks and tennis shoes until next week. We put Hannahs shoes on this morning to find out they were too small. So, as soon as we dropped Hailey off at school, we headed to target. Bad selection = shoes mommy does not like. I am very picky on shoes. I don't like shoes with characters or lots of designs. They just don't look as cute with multiple outfits. Hannah was happy, so I guess I am happy.
We look forward to a fun year at Discovery School.
No comments:
Post a Comment