Saturday, February 13, 2010

Texas Snow - Feb 11

Shane walking through the snow to feed the dog. Brrr! Crazy man is in shorts.
Our backyard. It snowed another 4 inches or so through the night.


Hayden trudging through the snow.





Hailey and our neighbor and 1st grade buddy Clayton


Daddies Snowman (his head fell off before morning.... oops)






The kids snowman, or maybe snow woman?



Wow! I can not believe we are actually in Texas. We got almost a foot of snow fall in the past 2 days. It is amazing. The girls have been telling me that this is the best weather ever. I would have to say I agree. I LOVE snow. The kids got out of school early today, and Daddy got off work early, so we bundled up and headed outside to play. The girls really wanted to make a snowman. They worked really hard and built one all by themselves. Daddy made one of his own as well. I chased Hayden around. He wanted to be outside, but he wanted me to hold his hand and walk around the whole time. He wasn't so sure about the deep snow. Clayton came over and played for a while. The kids had a snowball fight and then after an hour and a half or so, we went inside to warm up with some hot chocolate and dry clothes. I dried their clothes and then we bundled back up and headed for the big hill for some sledding. The kids had a blast. They were able to slide pretty fast. I had to leave after a few minutes to wait for my MS nurse to come by for my IV. Turns out I got home for no reason. She was suppose to be there at 6 and ended up not making it until a little after 9. She was having problems with the patient before me, and then it took her an hour in the weather to get from one location in Keller to our house in Keller. Crazy! Lets just say it was a long night. The kids had a great day though, and I really am enjoying the snow. I only wish it would stay longer.

No comments: