Hailey also found out that she really did need glasses, not that she was concerned. The lady made her read a sign real far off in Wal-Mart, and then she took her glasses off and tried to get her to read it. With the glasses on she said it looked like the words were right in front of her. With the glasses off she said it was too far away and blurry. She was surprised. She never knew she had any issues with seeing, although, neither did we. I don't want my kids to have to wear glasses, but I am glad we caught it at the early stage. Now I know we need to take the kids to the opthomologist once a year and not rely on what the nurses at the school say.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Look who got glasses...
At Hailey's 7 year Healthy Checkup at the Pediatricians office, we found out that she needed to go to the eye doctor. She failed their testing. She had been tested at school, but obviously it is not a very thorough or accurate test. A little over a week ago Shane took Hailey to the opthomologist, and sure enough our baby girl was a little near sided. So, Hailey got to go pick out some glasses. She was thrilled. The eye glasses lady told her (and Shane) that she had the perfect face structure and any style of frames would look good. She found about 3 or 4 frames that she liked, but ended up deciding on these pretty purple ones. She originally picked some thick, rock star frames that had jewels in the corners. They were REALLY cute, but also REALLY screamed "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE ON GLASSES". Thankfully she didn't like the way they felt on her nose. They itched. So, she opted for another pair. I think she picked out some cute ones. I was a little nervous not knowing what she got, but Daddy did a good job. Way to go Shane! We also got her the lenses that darken up when she is in the sun. That way she doesn't have to mess with putting on the sunshade lenses on top of her glasses. She thought this was really cool. The lady took her outside and showed her what they did. Hailey couldn't tell that they were darkening. We had to take her glasses off and show her. It really is pretty cool. I wish mine did that.
Hailey also found out that she really did need glasses, not that she was concerned. The lady made her read a sign real far off in Wal-Mart, and then she took her glasses off and tried to get her to read it. With the glasses on she said it looked like the words were right in front of her. With the glasses off she said it was too far away and blurry. She was surprised. She never knew she had any issues with seeing, although, neither did we. I don't want my kids to have to wear glasses, but I am glad we caught it at the early stage. Now I know we need to take the kids to the opthomologist once a year and not rely on what the nurses at the school say.

Hailey also found out that she really did need glasses, not that she was concerned. The lady made her read a sign real far off in Wal-Mart, and then she took her glasses off and tried to get her to read it. With the glasses on she said it looked like the words were right in front of her. With the glasses off she said it was too far away and blurry. She was surprised. She never knew she had any issues with seeing, although, neither did we. I don't want my kids to have to wear glasses, but I am glad we caught it at the early stage. Now I know we need to take the kids to the opthomologist once a year and not rely on what the nurses at the school say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment