Hailey and her Buddy Trinity
In February, on the first day of using childcare at the gym, my friend Sara went to try out the massage machine. Her baby boy had been crying for her, so I went into the childcare room to play with him. Little Sophie was acting strang and just laying on the floor inside the playhouse. I asked the childcare lady if that was how she had been acting the whole time. Since the lady didn't know what was "normal" for Sophie, she didn't think much of it. I picked her up, and tried to get her to talk to me and tell me what was wrong. Sophie always talks to me. Her little chest felt like she was weezing and struggling to breath. I got Sara and we left. Sara called me later and said she had a doctor appt at 4 cause Sophie was still weezing. As the day went on she got worse, and Sara had to take her in before her original appt. As soon as the nurse saw Sophie she rushed to get the doctor who immediately called an ambulance to rush her to Cook Childrens. She was in respiratory distress. They thought maybe she aspirated something. It turns out she was okay and had broncholitis.
I picked up the other kids (Rachel, Madi and Eli) and we went over to Keri Vaughns house to get a bottle. I didn't know how I was going to take 6 kids into walmart in the cold weather to get a bottle and diapers. It tunrs out we ended up just staying over at her house. We got some pizza and the kids played. Poor baby Eli - he was so hungry and sleepy. We tried to give him formula, water, apple juice, and baby food and he just would not take it. He only wanted mommy. He was so tired. I rocked him, and sang to him for hours. Shane arrived about 8 (he was out of town) and he took Eli and he got so happy. He enjoyed playing with Mr. Shane. Sara, Nick and Sophie were released from the hospital and got to Keris house about 9:45ish and Eli finally fell asleep in Shanes arms. He woke up when being transported to daddies arms and became a happy baby when mommy got to feed him. We had such a wonderful time playing with the kids and absolutely love getting to help out or friends. We love you guys! And we are so thankful Sophie was okay and is still doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment