Monday, November 16, 2009

Holiday Bazaar
















Thursday, Hannah and Hayden's Preschool (Discovery School) had their annual Holiday Bazaar. During the day they had about 20 craft vendors, and then that night the kids performed a song for us and then they had an auction. It was so much fun. I haven't really been to an auction and I will honestly say it was cheap fun! During the auction the kids went upstairs and watched a movie, did crafts, played games and had a snack. Each class made some sort of item to sell in the auction. Hayden's class made a fleece blanket that had all the kids pictures on it. It sold for almost $500. Isn't that crazy? Hannah's class made an adorable Christmas tree skirt. They put all the kids hand and footprints on it and made them into reindeer. It was so cute. I really wanted it, but could not compete with the crazy bidders. It sold for close to $300. I am not sure why Hayden's class got so much more, but oh well. The school made a ton of money.
Hannah's class sang "My Fathers House", and Hayden's class sang "slippery fish". Hayden loves this song and sings it all the time at home, but he was not interested in singing during the performance. He clung to me like crazy. We all had a great time. I sure do love their school.

No comments: